Powered by Blogger.

June Beauty Favorites!


June. What can I say about June?  Well, this month has introduced me to two products that were rarely present in my daily makeup routine: bronzer and highlighter.

Colourpop Highlighter in Smoke N Whistles 
I never really has the need for highlighter because I always wore shimmery blushes. Over the past 6 months I've been getting into wearing matte blushes and sometimes I feel like my cheeks are missing some glow, which is where highlighter would come in. I was never a fan of highlighter until I tried Colourpop. This is a product unlike anything I've ever tried. The texture is kind of like a mousse and it's very easy to apply. Smoke N Whistles is a cool-toned pinky champagne with silver shimmer. My favorite way to apply it is to tap my beautyblender into it and tap it onto the high points of my cheeks and it gives me the most beautiful glow. It looks so flattering. A little goes a very long way. It lasts all day, even on hot summer days (which are rare around here atm). I highly recommend these highlighters. Now I honestly want to buy every single shade.

Tarte Park Avene Princess Amazonian Clay Matte Waterproof Bronzer 
I've had a difficult time finding the perfect bronzer because I'm fair and a lot of bronzers tend to look muddy or orange on me. Not this one. I would described this shade as a neutral brown color because it's not too warm but not completey cool either. It's good for bronzing and subtle contouring for pale skin. It never looks muddy and I never have to worry about going overboard because it's not too dark. It also lasts all day on my skin.

Colourpop Lippie Stix in Brink
Yes, another Colourpop product. I placed my first Colourpop order this month and I've been loving their products. All the hype surrounding this brand is true. The only thing I don't like is that shipping to Canada can get expensive. Anyways, Brink is a  greatMLBB shade for me. It's more brown than Mac Brave. I would call this a brick colour. At first I thought it would be too warm-toned for me but it actually looks nice on me. It's matte. It's supposed to be the ideal Kylie Jenner lip. I don't think it is, but it's still a beautiful colour. The staying power of this lipstick is amazing. It lasts through eating and drinking. I'm amazed that even though it transfers it manages to still stay on your lips for a really long time. I'm impressed with these lipsticks.

MAC Faux
This lipstick is described as a muted mauve pink. On my lips it looks like a mauvy nude. It's a satin finish. When I first got it this past winter I thought it washed me out and I hated it. Now that the weather is warmer and my face has gotten some sun it actually looks nice on me. I think that this is a summer nude for me. I've been reaching for this a lot this month. People say that it's similar to Brave but Faux is better is you have cool undertones. I have cool undertones and I personally think that Brave suits me all the time. It works for any season or occasion. Faux is much cooler toned and only looks good on me when I'm a little tanned. At the moment I love both Faux and Brave, but if I had to pick just one I'd go with Brave because it's the perfect MLBB shade. I would say try both even if you're fair with cool undertones.

What's your favorite neutral lipstick?

Sincerely, JoJo. ♥

No comments