Powered by Blogger.

July Favorites!


It seems like July went by way too quickly. That's probably because I was in Florida for half of it. I love Florida. It's the third time I go on vacation there. I love waking up early and watching the sunrise over the ocean, seeing palm trees everywhere, going for a walk on the beach and dipping my toes in the water, the breeze from the ocean making the heat bearable, and going swimming every day. Now that I'm back home I miss all those things. There's no doubt in my mind that I will revisit Florida someday. Now onto the favorites.

NYX Butter Gloss
I'm probably the last person to try these glosses but that is because I've never seen them in Canada. I could have bought them online but I'm not the biggest fan of lip gloss so I waited until I could see them in person. Now I understand what the hype is all about. I got the shades Tiramisu, Angel Food Cake and Strawberry Parfait. Tiramisu is the perfect nude in my opinion because it's a darker nude that it becomes a MLBB shade.  I honestly bought it because I'm Italian and Tiramisu is one of my favorite desserts. Angel Food Cake is basically MAC Syrup in the form of a lip gloss therefore it's my ultimate favorite. Starwberry Parfait is a beautiful bright pink. These glosses glide on like butter. They feel smooth and creamy. They feel a little sticky when you first apply them but the stickiness goes away quite fast. They actually have great pigmentation for a gloss. They look beautiful both alone and over a lipstick. The only lip glosses that I wear are from NYX and I highly recommend them.

Real Techniques Blush Brush 
I've seen this brush in countless youtube videos and lots of people love it. I went to ULTA for the purpose of buying this brush. I already love my other Real Techniques brushes so getting the Blush Brush was a no brainer for me. This brush is so soft. It's unlike any other brush that I own. It's great for both contouring and applying blush because it's rounded and kind has a tip at the top. It's a great brush and Real Techniques do amazing brushes.

Maybelline Master Hi-Light Blush in Nude
Last month I was obsessed with the Maybelline Master Hi-Light Blush in Coral and this month I love the one in Nude. While the Coral one is more of a bronzer/blush/highlighter in one the Nude one is more a highlighting blush. On my cheeks it comes off as a pale pink with a cool toned champagney color highlight. I really like how shimmery it looks and it just makes me look glowy.

Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadow
I've heard some things about these eyeshadows and I knew I wanted to try them. They're $3.99 each. I go the shades Bella Champagne, a beautiful shimmery rosey champagne shades and Bella Cappuccino, a satin matte mid-tone brown. Bella Champagne looks best applied with your fingers. If you use a brush you just get shimmer. When you use your fingers your get the most beautiful color. It's great at brightening your eyes and I find that it makes me look more cheerful. Bella Cappuccino works well applied with a brush. It's very subtle but it gives a nice shadow to your crease. If you don't like wearing dark colors in your crease but you want some definition I recommend trying this shade.

Random Favorites 

TV Shows: 
Girl Meets World

Movies:
The Memory Book

Books:
If I Stay by Gayle Forman

Music:
My Story - Hillsong Worship

Food:
Sweet Potato Pie
Honey Pecan Chicken Salad
Starbucks Passion Iced Tea Lemonade

Sincerely, JoJo.♥

No comments